January is halfway done, and it’s time for me to reflect on my 2017 goals and decide on a few goals for this new “even” year! Yay!
To be honest, the major reason I’m documenting my goals on this largely neglected blog is because unlike writing down my goals in a notebook or on a list, I can’t lose a blog post! I know exactly where to find my resolutions, which is very helpful.
So here we go…
- Remember my Goals – I’d say this is checked off since I improved this year by documenting my goals on last year’s blog post instead of losing my list completely.
- Read 12 Books – This was a definite check, I read 20 books last year! That’s what happens when you have a baby, are awake at all hours, sleep train, live alone, and quit your job. Let me know if you want my list!
- Write 36 blog posts – 36? 6? Well, I wrote at least 1… but clearly not even close to 36.
- Create a home out of our new house – We didn’t end up in a new house like we planned after we found out about our new family member, but I did land in a different house. I now live in what we call the Monroe House, just down the street from my parent’s house, and a house that I have now landed in 3 times. However, I have made it into a comfy home, so check!
- Have a baby and keep it healthy – CHECK!!!!! Finlay is still alive!!!! Partly due to my mad parenting skills, but mostly due to God’s grace and my family’s support.
- Fill an Art Journal – Well I crafted a new art journal… But certainly didn’t fill it…
In summary, I’m pretty pleased with my progress on 2017’s goals! Like I’ve mentioned before, 2017 was the hardest year of my life, for so many reasons… Some of which I can’t even share. But looking at what I was hoping for at the beginning of the year, and what I’ve accomplished, I can see that 2017 has taught me that I am not alone or helpless. Many things happened to me this year, most that were completely out of my control, but as I type this post I can see many blessings. I have a happy baby, a warm and peaceful home, and a loving family 5 minutes from my front door, I am blessed.
So what about next year? Well here we go!
- Read 24 books
- Cook my way through Jamie Oliver’s 30 Minute Meals Cookbook
- Switch over my cleaning and household products to non-toxic alternatives
- Finish my Art Journal!
I’m going to stop there for this year. While I’m hopeful that 2018 will be less traumatic than 2017, I know that it will also be full of its own challenges. Finlay will be mobile, my husband will come home, and we will probably move again. As you can see, no blog related resolutions this year! I don’t plan on ending my blogging activity, but obviously making it a goal to write more blog posts hasn’t worked for the past 5 years. I end up writing when I feel like it, and that’s just fine.
What are your goals for 2018?