Most experts agree that consistency is key when it comes to your skincare regime, and I believe them. That makes perfect sense! But it’s awfully boring.
As much as I would love to spend tons of $$$ on expensive skincare, I’m just not sure yet that it’s really worth it. I think I’d have to meet someone who has extremely luminous and amazing skin that can honestly point to an expensive product for the results, and that hasn’t happened yet. Which is fine… I love the thrill of a good deal, and am content to keep finding budget skincare that seems to work for me.
Mind you, I don’t use everything in this list at one time! I use some in the morning, some at night, and the facial scrub once a week. As a note, my skin is normal/dry, and for the past year or so, I’ve been experiencing a lovely lack of breakouts of any kind. Yay! Here’s the breakdown:
- Neutrogena Naturals Acne Foaming Scrub: This is my exfoliant, and I use it about once a week (when I remember). I like the scent, and how gentle it is.
- Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser: My go-to cleanser, used every morning.
- Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Make-up Remover: Seeing a pattern? I love this line! This particular cleanser works well for me at night, taking off my make-up while it cleanses… I’m all for the two birds with one stone mentality.
- Eden’s Garden Lavender Essential Oil: I use a dab of this morning and evening for any blemishes I might find, and also to prevent them. I was using Benzoyl Peroxide for this step, and while it’s very effective, it tends to dry out my skin a bit, and I don’t need that.
- Mario Budescu Facial Spray: Love the scent!!! I use this in the morning before my moisturizer. My skin seems to really respond well to rose skincare, so this is my daily dose!
- Oils of Life Revitalizing Essence Lotion: What a cool name, right? I couldn’t resist giving it a try, and my skin seems to like it, so I like it. I use this at night before moisturizer.
- Ives Formula Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer: I’ve been using this product for a couple years now thanks to a tip-off from my sister. It’s incredibly cheap, and again…my skin seems to like it better than everything else I try.
I changed up my skincare about a month ago, and so far so good! I tend to struggle with dryness, so I might add a moisturizing oil to the mix soon…a DIY oil based on The Body Shop’s Oils of Life line. Watch this space to see how that turns out!
What about you? Do you have any awesome budget skincare finds?